Follow the A1 towards Celje and leave at the exit Celje – Center. Follow the signs to the historical town centre, then Old Castle of Celje.
A taxi from the railway station to the castle will cost you around €3.
Leaves every hour from the bus station near the Celje main railway station.
A free of charge car park is available in front of the Old Castle of Celje. However, this being only sufficient for a few vehicles, we recommend you use the bus to come to the castle.
Tourist Information Centre
When visiting the Old Castle of Celje, you are first welcomed by the Tourist Information Centre. In addition to souvenirs and brochures about the castle and the town of Celje, you are also given plenty of other useful information. At the TIC, you can book guided tours and visit the exhibition about the Counts of Celje located at the entrance to the castle.
Admission to Old Castle of Celje:
- Adults: EUR 7.00 per person (Part of the entrance fee – EUR 1.00 is a bonus that the visitors can use on the day of their visit at the Café Veronika. The price per ticket is EUR 6/adult.)
- Children (aged 6–15, without the complimentary drink bonus): EUR 3.00
- Children under the age of 5: free admission
- Students (without the complimentary drink bonus): EUR 4.00
- Retirees (without the complimentary drink bonus): EUR 5.00
A valid document proving the status of a student or a retiree shall be required upon admission to the Castle.
- Old Castle and Regional Museum: EUR 10.00
- Old Castle and Museum of Recent History: EUR 10.00.