The People’s Loan Society is the most notable building constructed in Celje during the two World Wars.
Designed by the renowned Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik, it was built in 1928 and 1929. The main entrance on the corner of Stanetova and Prešernova Street is highlighted with column-supported balconies. On the top of the corner, there is a bronze statue of the Christ on the Cross, standing in place of the former wooden one. Today, the building in the Vodnikova Street is home to Banka Celje headquarters.