Picnic basket with local treats for 2 persons + 2 tickets to Celje’s Old Castle
Price: EUR 39
The price includes: a picnic basket for 2 persons, 2 tickets to the Old Castle of Celje, and the rent of a picnic blanket.
Note: a deposit of EUR 20 is required for the picnic basket and the picnic blanket.
The deposit shall be returned upon return of the picnic basket and the picnic blanket.
Availability: Wednesday–Sunday (July–December)
Lokacija: Celje’s Old Castle
It is no secret that the Counts of Celje enjoyed good food. Hence, we decided to offer a different experience when you explore our town: soak in the atmosphere of Slovenia’s mightiest castle through the flavours of local specialities freshly made just for you at the Gostilna pri Kmetec, just a few steps away from the castle. Gostilna pri Kmetec prides on its long tradition. The father laid down the foundations for the inn near the castle, while the son – the young chef – honed his skills with the best Slovenian chefs and perfected his “princely” dishes made out of locally sourced ingredients form the surrounding farms, based on his own recipes.
“I eat well, I eat like a Count of Celje!” That is our motto that guides the preparation of the counts’ picnic for you.
When you pick up your picnic basket at TIC Stari grad Celje (tourist info centre at the Old Castle), you will also receive a picnic blanket (that you should return when you leave, along with the picnic basket), while the tourist info centre employee will point you to the best location for your picnic in the area of the Old Castle. You can also enjoy your picnic basket at the Veronika café.
The picnic basket includes local treats and seasonal fruit and vegetables:
- Seasonal salad, trout from the Ferlič fish farm, smoked celery root, buckwheat porridge, radish, salad dressing, approx. 150 g
- 2 × rosemary panna cotta with berries, approx. 1.5 dl
- Seasonal fruit (dry and fresh), 100 g
- Selected homemade cured meats and local cheeses served on a wooden board: Podpečan cheese, homemade salami, homemade capocollo (cured pork neck), liver pâté, onion jam, 200 g
- Homemade bread
- Homemade juice (0.5 l) or local beer Socialist (0.5 l) or spritzer (the customer chooses one when ordering)
- Garbage bag
- Optional addition (subject to extra charge of EUR 7 per child, with included ticket): CHILDREN’S MEAL – crunchy chicken medallions, potato chips, surprise dessert.
The packaging is made of glass and biodegradable material.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The “Picnic for the Counts” package can be ordered online by clicking the “Order” button.
The “Picnic for the Counts” package is not available on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The package should be ordered at least one day ahead, at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 5443690 between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m;
- email@example.com 03 4287936, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Payment for the package: upon pick-up at the TIC Stari grad (tourist info centre at the Old Castle); credit cards are accepted. The deposit of EUR 20 is payable in cash only. Upon payment, a deposit of EUR 20 is required for the picnic basket and the picnic blanket. The deposit shall be returned upon return of the picnic basket and the picnic blanket.
Orders can be cancelled no less than 6 hours before your scheduled arrival, by calling 03 5443690. In case of cancellation less than 6 hours before scheduled arrival, it shall be deemed that the service was provided.